Chandni Chowk of The Future
What China did to their old city before the Olympics is what Delhi wants to do with Chandni Chowk before the Commonwealth Games.
Below is the Impression of an Artist of how Chandni Chowk (Old Delhi) would look like after proposed restoration.
I see many fundamental problems with the pic below.
1. There does not seem to be any road, all is just footpath laid with red bricks
2. I see a Metro train in the middle of the road… and i see a guy running towards it, suicide? By the way… where did the tracks go?
3. I See more people walking in the middle of the road, like they are taking a morning walk in the park.
4. No ricks, no cycles, no carts… this can’t be old Delhi!
5. Planting trees in the middle of the road and in front of a train is hardly a wise decision. (One of the ways govt. is creatively controlling population)
Usually Artists impression of something depicts of what the place would look like in real, this is far from it. As usual the government has shown us that they sold their brains to collect money to contest elections. Its surprising how far Rs.20 went, it even won them the elections 😉